For as long as I can remember, you guys have been asking me for an essential oils pouch. What better way to end the year than with a fun and quick sewing project perfect for Christmas.
I am very excited to introduce you to my latest pattern, The Zen Pouch.
The perfect mix of patchwork and style, The Zen Pouch will have you relaxed while you create this functional zipper pouch.
Designed to organise and hold your essential oil collection, The Zen Pouch features a patchwork exterior panels, cork overlay base and internal mesh pockets to hold your essential oil bottles securely.
If essential oils aren’t your thing, The Zen Pouch can be easily adapted to hold other items such as craft supplies, toiletries and so much more!
Whether you are a patch worker wanting to try bag making or a bag maker wanting to try patchwork, The Zen Pouch is the perfect project to practice your skills and create a gorgeous pouch that has so many uses.
Pattern Level: Advanced Beginner.
Finished Size: 8.5” (22 cm) Wide (Top of the pouch) x 5.5” (14 cm) High
Seam Allowance: ¼” (6mm) (Seam allowance included in the pattern pieces)
There are lots of fabulous things about this pattern let me point them out:
- The Zen Pouch is designed to work with the mini 2.5″ charm packs that are readily available in quilting shops in all the pretty colours, making fabric choices easy peasy. (Also makes it easy for shops who like to sell ‘kits’.)
- The Zen Pouch is a great scrapbusting project and we all have a scrap pile I am sure!
- Essential oils are AMAZING and carrying them in the Zen Pouch just adds to that feeling of awesomeness. The pattern also includes a bonus removeable essential oils pouch which is super handy!
- If you are a bag maker who has never tried patchwork, this is the perfect pattern for you, yes it takes practice but if I can do it….so can you. (And it becomes a bit addictive after a while just ask me and the 20 of these pouches I have made)
- If you are a patchworker wanting to try bag making, then this is the pattern for you. The pattern includes loads of tips on all things bag making like sewing with cork, #5 zippers and layers. Give it a try and I think you will want to make more than one.
- You really don’t need many supplies to make a Zen Pouch making it a great gift idea and they are fairly fast projects to sew. I love the cork base option which gives this pouch a polished finish which is what my patterns are known for.
- Stylish and fun, get your Zen On with The Zen Pouch.
- I created an acrylic template for the 2.5″ squares which you can purchase here.