Welcome to Day 3 of the Jasper Messenger Bag Sewalong!
How did you go yesterday with your bag flap? Did you try piping for the first time or use one of your fav feature fabrics? I would love to know, feel free to comment below and don’t forget to share in my FB group – Little Moo Designs Sewcialists.
A unique feature of the Jasper Messenger Bag is the triangle corners in the bag body. I wanted to show you a unique technique that adds interest to your bag that can also be used in other designs. Below is one I prepared earlier.
The reason I really like this type of corner is apart from the way it looks, I find it helps your bag sit nicely.
For today’s sewalong, we are going to make the bag body.
- Following the instructions in the pattern prepare the bag body
- Add a zipper pocket or two: (256) Sidekick Hip Bag – Adding the 6″ Zipper Pocket. – YouTube
- Don’t forget to heat seal the webbing
- I prepared a video to help you with the triangle corners: (256) How to make triangle corners, with Kylie from Little Moo Designs – YouTube
- Once you have completed these steps for the exterior and lining of your bag use some clips to flatten out the bag bottom, I like to keep these on overnight
That’s a wrap on day 3, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow when we will finish our bags off!