Today is the fourth and final day of the Jasper Messenger Bag sewalong.
How have you gone so far? I would love you to tell me below.
Today is about finishing your bag. Let’s get started.
- For the adjustable strap, I recommend in the pattern to use webbing. I like wider webbing for the adjustable strap than I would usually use (I usually use 1″ wide), I think it balances the bag size out better.
- If you prefer, you could make your own strap. Here is a video I made for The Sidekick Hip Bag which may help you out.
- Follow the pattern instructions to finish your bag.
- Hot Tip: If you would like to add some stability to the bottom of your bag, cut a piece of corflute measuring 6″ Wide x 11″ Long, round the corners a little. Slide this in between the exterior and lining body to give the base of your bag more stability. (I slide this through the zipper pocket before closing them as my last step).
- Once you have completed your bag, stuff it full with clean towels or a cushion. Leave it stuffed overnight and it will take shape.
Congratulations! You have completed a Jasper Messenger Bag!! YAY!!
I would love to see a picture of your completed bag, please share in my FB Group Little Moo Designs Sewcialists and on socials using the hashtags: #littlemoodesigns #jaspermessengerbag #jmbsewalong
I hope you have enjoyed this sewalong and make many more Jasper Messenger Bags in your future. (It’s easy to adjust the size to make smaller also if you want to have a play with that next time!).
Happy Sewing, Kylie.