Well hello there…
It’s been a hot minute since I wrote a blog post, yet here we are November 2023 and I thought why not add some more to our plates at this busy time of the year with a Sewalong for my soon to be released pattern – The Jasper Messenger Bag.
If you have not done a Sewalong with me this is what you can expect:
- Firstly join the Facebook event here to stay up to date with all the details: https://fb.me/e/3Qp9PdVtZ
- Also join my FB Group to share the Sewalong fun along the way: Little Moo Designs Sewcialists | Facebook
- See the requirements list below and start gathering your supplies ready to kick off the Sewalong on 27 November 2023.
Each day there will be a new blog post explaining the steps for that particular day, the idea is that it breaks the pattern down into achievable chunks and by the end of the week if you follow along you will have a completed Jasper Messenger Bag! There will be videos, giveaways and lots of helpful tips and tricks along the way!
Exterior Body: Non directional denim, quilting weight cotton, cotton duck or similar. You could also use waxed canvas or waterproof canvas, please see note below on changing interfacing if you choose this.
- 1 x 18″ Wide x 30″ High
Lining fabric: Non directional quilting weight cotton, denim or cotton duck.
- 1 x 18″ Wide x 30″ High
Flap: Non directional quilting weight cotton, denim or cotton duck.
- 2 x 15″ wide x 12: High
8” Zipper Pocket: Quilting weight cotton
- 1 x 10” Wide x 14” High
- Cotton Webbing: 1″ Wide x 60″ Long
You can alternatively make your own shoulder strap and would require fabric 4″ Wide x 60″ Long, Fusible Fleece: 1” Wide x 58” L (you can make it shorter if you like)
- Mid weight iron on woven interfacing: 1.5 yards
- Fusible fleece: 1.5 yards
- (If you are using waxed canvas or waxed canvas for the exterior body of your bag, you will need to replace fusible fleece with self adhesive fusible fleece)
Piping for flap: (optional)
- ¼” W x 35” L
- 2 x 3/4″ plastic buckles
If you would prefer a kit, Fran from Australian Bag Making Supplies has done the heavy lifting for you and put together some gorgeous kits which you can order here: Jasper Messenger Bag supplies kit shipping from 03/11/23 – Australian Bag Making Supplies
I highly recommend Fran’s interfacings also as well as her waterproof canvas, it’s such great quality and so many pretty colours.
Gather your supplies and get ready to Sewalong with me in a few weeks time. What fabrics will you choose to make your Jasper Messenger Bag/
Until then, keep well friends.