If I haven’t ‘met’ you yet, my name is Kylie. I am the Bag Queen behind and in front of Little Moo Designs. It’s so nice to have you here.
There are many people joining us for this sewalong who have not made a bag before, I am so excited to help get you started on your bag making journey. I think Matilda is a bag that you will make over and over again, it is my “go to” gift for all ages as it’s the perfect everyday size. Once you have made a few, you will find it’s relatively quick to sew.
Before we begin the Matilda Saddle Bag Sewalong on January 23rd 2021, it’s time to organise your supplies. Today’s blog post will help you with just that.
- Purchase your copy of The Matilda Saddle Bag here (if you haven’t already).
- Gather your fabric, if you want to use the gorgeous panels that I am from Fabric By Missy Rose you can find them here.
- I don’t pre-wash my fabric, but if you would like to now is the time to do it. Wash and iron your fabric.
- Gather your hardware and interfacing supplies.
- Print your pattern out, make sure that the 1″ test square has printed correctly, if it hasn’t adjust your printer settings until it does.
- Cut your pattern pieces out and join them together at the join marks.
- We would love to have you share your sewalong journey with us, please tag us on FB & Instagram – Little Moo Designs & Fabric By Missy Rose in your posts so we can easily find them and we will use the #matildasaddlebag and #matildasaddlebagsal
You might like to join my Facebook group – Little Moo Designs Sewcialists as well as Fabric By Missy Rose – Group.
The sewalong will work like this – each day (starting on January 23rd) I will share a blog post with a combination of written instructions, photos and videos which will help you step by step make your gorgeous Matilda Saddle Bag. I will be sharing tips and tricks on how I get professional finishes in my bags and of course there will be prizes and a whole heap of fun as we go along.
If you are unable to join me from the 23rd January, don’t worry the blog posts will remain live on my website for you to follow along whenever suits you in the future.
I would love to know if you are going to join me for this fun sewalong, leave me a message below letting me know what you are most looking forward to learning throughout this process and tell me what fabric you will be using to make your bag!! I am so excited to see them all come together.
See you on the 23rd January,