If you are looking for the perfect crossbody bag, then look no further!
The Gaia Crossbody Bag encompasses sleek style with practical components that will keep your essentials easily accessible and safely in place with the convenient zipper closure.
The Gaia Crossbody Bag is a boxy bag, styled after the old-fashioned trunk bags and hat boxes of a bygone era. It is delightful for everyday use and you can interchange the shoulder strap to match your outfit.
The Gaia Crossbody Bag features a double pull zipper closure, slip pocket, mesh pocket, zipper pocket and comfortable adjustable shoulder strap.
The construction of the Gaia Crossbody Bag is magic with no drop in lining or bias binding in sight! Make one for yourself and one for your bestie and keep your essentials close by in style.
Pattern Level: Advanced, some experience sewing with layers and zippers is helpful. *This bag is not finished with Bias Binding or a drop in lining method. If you have made my Stacks On Duffle Bag or the Queen Bee Bowler, it is finished the same as these patterns. This pattern is rated as advanced level as it is more fiddly to complete.*
Finished Size: 9.5” W x 6.5” H x 2.5” D
Seam Allowance: ¼” unless otherwise stated, pattern pieces include the seam allowance.
Copyright: This pattern is designed for small, home-based use only, not mass production. No part of this pattern is to be reproduced or copied without the author’s written consent. It is required that you acknowledge your designs are based on a pattern by Little Moo Designs.
You are purchasing a PDF Pattern only in this listing, there are no refunds for change of mind, please email me any questions prior to purchase. This pattern contains digitised pattern pieces and a cutting chart for this bag.
Included in this listing:
- Pattern instructions including A4 (Print at home) pattern pieces
- A3 sized full scale pattern pieces
- Please note pattern pieces are NOT provided for rectangle pieces, a cutting chart is provided for this (to save on paper etc)
Thanks so much, Kylie.
*measurements based on fabric 54” wide
– Fabric: I like to use mid weight cottons such as cotton/linen blends, cotton duck or similar. They tend to hold form and wrinkle less than light weight cottons in this bag.
Exterior Body Fabric: 20”
Lining Body Fabric: 20”
Gusset fabric: 20”
Exterior pocket fabric (optional): 20”
– Fusible fleece: 40” (If you prefer a firmer finish, you can use foam instead)
– Mid weight woven interfacing: 40”
– Zippers: #5 (Handbag) zippers.
– 16” double pull for top closure
– 7” zipper pocket
– 2 x 1” D, O or rectangle rings
– 2 x 2” Swivel clips
– 1 x 2” Strap Adjuster
– Webbing (for adjustable shoulder strap):
– 2” W x 45” L
*(If you prefer a strap not this wide please adjust width and hardware to your preference)
– Double Capped Rivets (Optional) for decoration